Tuesday 23 June 2009

Sutton Hospital - 19/05/2009

It's very local, Chops wants a picnic and it beats sitting infront of the continuous loop of Cbeebies. So off we trot, on the longest bus journey in the world (note : never get the S3 to Sutton Hospital).

Not a lot of history to find, well I can't find any.

Parts are still live, had to take 'Boris' (my son. obviously not his real name but he bears a striking resemblence to Boris Johnson with his mop of blonde hair) recently for an appointment at the eye hospital situated there. But a lot of it is boarded up. So off we wander.

Absolutely no atmosphere at this site, in my opinion. Usually you can pick up on some kind of atmosphere, but here I felt nothing.

Photobucket

As you can see, not the most stunning of buildings. And all totally boarded up although someone has been inside recently but I wont name names, just say I have seen the pictures.

The site is right next door to the Royal Marsden and we stumble into Marsden territory and come accross a swimming pool. Would be rude not to take pictures and these can be found on the link at the bottom.

Back onto Sutton Hospital we near the rear of the building and find the place quite busy, believe this to be the Chiltern Wing which is very much live and helps those with addictions (mainly alcohol).

From a fence I spot the old Radio St Helier mobile studios so grab a pic. Some chavess in a souped up Peaugeot that had what looked like a kingsized dining table stuck on the roof (or maybe it was a shit spoiler) stopped plucking her eyebrows in the rearview mirror to glare at me as if I had just taken my pants down and defecated on her cars bonnet. Don't worry love, I wouldn't photograph you as beastiality is illegal.

Photobucket

The walk round the grounds don't really throw anything of interest up as everything is boarded up and as I said there was no atmosphere so I was left feeling a little bored. Although we did meet a strange man who asked where the eye hospital was, to which I directed him and then he wandered off in the opposite direction. Bad, bad eyes obviously.

Got a shot of the live covered walkway which reminds me of that walkway past West Hill's Chapel.

Photobucket

(all pics can be found at - http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v89/AnthillMob/Sutton%20Hospital/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment