Wednesday 24 June 2009

Crystal Palace - 09/06/2009

By now you probably think I only do hospitals. You be wrong. I will poke my nose into anything and everything and Crystal Palace was on my radar. A great place to take the kids for a walk and a play in the park and see the dinosaurs (plastic ones of course). So, picnic packed, we head off to Crystal Palace with mummy only taking one small detour when she took a wrong turn (I don't do sat-nav).

history bit : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Palace_Dinosaurs and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crystal_Palace

With or without kids, just get your arses down there, it is such a great park. However, small children who aren't in a buggy may whinge and moan at walking up many steep bits around the old Palace ruins. I find pink wafer biscuits are a great pacifier...

Photobucket

Photobucket

There are a few headless corpses laying around also. Sorry, I mean statues...

Photobucket

and some Sphinxes

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Chops didn't want to go and see the dinosaurs!! Of course she did really, she was just being akward and once we got there she loved it. I remember the dinos from when I was a kid but I don't remember the lakes surrounding them and couldn't see the pterodactyl's [spelling?] that I remember being in the trees. I'm sure when I was a kid you could touch the dinos but in this day and age of feral kids and teens who destroy anything in their paths I guess the lakes are a good idea.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We especially loved the little ducklings and mummy duck who quacked at the correct point of the '3 little ducks song' and the Coot and her babies were extremely friendly.

There is also a tiny little farm up on a hill near the dino's, only contains 2 noisy pigs, 2 minature horses, 3 alpackas and some hens, rabbits and a ferret

Photobucket

all of which Boris referred to as 'cat'. Though to be fair there was a farm cat that he was spot on with.

We also came accross a bench in the 'avenue of memorial benches' dedicated to a dog!!

Photobucket

A go on the swings and slide later and we have enjoyed a thoroughly good day at Crystal Palace Park. Something for everyone here. Need to return at a later date for bits I missed in among the ruins.

Full days pics can be found at http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v89/AnthillMob/misc%20abandoned/crystal%20palace/

No comments:

Post a Comment