Tuesday 23 June 2009

Cane Hill 29/05/2009

...and beaten I was not. Ish.

I drove around for a while, tried to find some ex-animal testing labs near Purley Oaks but couldn't find them, then tried to find Queen Elizabeths Hospital in Banstead woods (later found out it's long gone and now proper private housing with an electronic gate and everything the posh twats), I found myself very close to Cane Hill so headed there for a lone explore and to finish some unfinished business with regards to a changing room we found on the last visit.

Photobucket

Not a lot of the old girl left now, demolition is happening fast. Felt quite at ease although I was on my own and soon found what I was looking for, the old changing room.

Some internals:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Scary 'what the fuck' mangle thing in both male and female changing rooms. Later, and it's quite obvious, am told these were probably for wringing out swimming costumes. There was also a pair of mouldy old granny pants in the 'footbath' thing. And a kettle I wanted to bring home and grow plants in but Urbexers don't take anything from sites.

I may as well continue round the perimeter and see how far demolition has got in a couple of months. As soon as I get to where we took a wrong turn the last time the site foremen shoots out of his hut and asks what i'm up to. Explain that i'm taking externals as the place is going quicker than a randy rabbit (I may have exaggerated what I actually said here) and he informs me that the land owners want no one up there

Photobucket

I said to him very nicely as he is only the site foreman, that there is no way in the world the land owners can suddenly make a public footpath/bridleway private property, 'tis the law. He agreed but this is what he has obviuously been told to tell everyone. Tough tits 'Home and Communities', fuck your privacy because it ain't legal to close a PFP/BW. Buildings, yes, PUBLIC FOOTPATH thats been there for years big fat NO.

And if we had our way it wouldn't be legal for you to destroy such a beautiful building such as Cane Hill.

Wonder if this still works? Never had the guts to try it

Photobucket

oooh Landrovers moved

Photobucket

This photo makes me feel very sad, sad for the building as it merely is just the outer shell standing there, there is absolutely nothing the other side of this, it's almost a ' - ' and sad because I have only got to go there when it has been heavily constructed.

Photobucket

and the Chapel, which is listed so they have to keep that, and the water tower.

Photobucket

(more pics can be found at http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v89/AnthillMob/Cane%20Hill/ but a photobucket mishap has confused them all with my first visit)

No comments:

Post a Comment